BCLS can provide free 30 minute legal consultations. These are by appointment only.
We also provide information, advice and assistance to all clients in areas of law that:
- help manage or resolve financial stress;
- assert individual rights;
- seek entitlements;
- protect against, inform and educate against family and domestic violence and abuse,
We educate and guide those clients skilled enough to self represent, but also identify and provide representative help for those clients who are unable to advocate for themselves.
The value of a general community legal service like BCLS is that each client can address any number of legal matters in the one trusted environment.
A large portion of our clients when they contact BCLS are experiencing immediate financial hardship and/or violence and abuse, so we tailor our services accordingly, and we give priority to our most vulnerable clients.
Our practice areas of law are:
- Family Law
- Domestic and family violence
- Child support
- Child protection
- Criminal charges
- Tenancy and housing
- Motor vehicle accidents – property damage
- Drink-driving offences
- Traffic offences
- Neighbourhood disputes
- Consumer and debt problems
- Estate administration
- QCAT matters
We are unable to provide advice and assistance in the following areas of law:
- Drafting Wills and Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Personal injury claims
- Business leases
- Commercial litigation
- Property litigation