Due to the COVID-19 situation QCAT has implemented a number of changes to apply to proceedings listed for the week of 23 to 27 March 2020.
The changes are:
- Urgent Minor Civil Disputes will go ahead as listed
- All non-urgent Minor Civil Disputes shall be adjourned to a date to be fixed
- Minor Civil Dispute Mediations will continue, but by telephone only
- All other Mediations will be adjourned to a date to be fixed
- All Directions Hearings and Compulsory Conferences will be conducted by telephone
- All Guardianship matters will continue but parties are strongly encouraged to attend by telephone
- In all other hearings parties are encouraged to attend by telephone
- Persons are not encouraged to appear in person at QCAT but if they do, they will be required to sign a statement advising that they are not exposed to COVID
Please see the below link outlining in detail the changes implemented by QCAT:-
Disclaimer: BCLS does not accept responsibility for any damages or otherwise suffered by relying or acting on this information.